(“we/us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
- Information we may collect from you
- IP addresses and cookies
- Your consent
- Lawful basis
- Where we stored your personal data
- Uses made of the information
- Retention of data
- Disclosure of your information
- Your rights
- Access to information
- Contacting us
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site http://www.atagheating.co.uk/. This includes information provided when you contact us, wish to sign up, wish to make a complaint or enquiry.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including but not limited to, traffic data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own purposes for fulfilling an order or enquiry or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Name, address and contact details from returned warranty cards, service call outs and other incoming enquiries.
- Name, address, contact details, company information, Gas Safe Registration details and sales statistics from incoming and outgoing telephone calls, or from available trade information and from publicly accessible information.
- Additional information you provide to us, including but not limited to, completed forms for marketing, prize draw or competition entry
Data is sourced from individuals with consent, from available trade information and from publicly accessible information
- This policy is effective from 23rd May 2018.Back to top of page
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration and to provide us with aggregate information on the use of our site. This is statistical data about browsing actions and patterns. For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to the devices permanent storage device. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
By registering to use the services and by using the ATAG Heating Technology website generally you will be deemed to consent to our use of your personal information in the ways indicated.
We hold personal data to enable us to fulfil our contractual commitments to existing customers and end user homeowners or landlords. This allows us to deliver the highest level of customer service. We also hold data in the Legitimate Interest of maintaining our business cornerstone of only selling our products to Gas Safe Registered businesses.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) to a jurisdiction which may not require the same level of protection as in the UK. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, holding your personal data, the fulfilment of an order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To ensure that we only sell our products to Gas Safe Registered businesses
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by email with information about goods and services similar to those which you have enquired about previously. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Retention of data
We will only retain your data to allow us to fulfil any contractual commitment and to meet any requirements for data retention for HMRC and other government reporting requirements. For delivering warranty support on products, we will retain household information for the full working life of the boiler to allow us to monitor breakdown statistics and to allow us to improve our future product offering and identify quality issues. This is necessary as we give a lifetime guarantee on our primary heat exchanger.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties but only where this is absolutely necessary:
To perform service or warranty call outs or repairs we may disclose some of your personal information to a third party service agent. The use of your data will be restricted to the performance of their duties under our contract.
If we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
If ATAG Heating Technology UK Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Data on our customers and end user householders or landlords will not be shared with any third party extended warranty service
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. Under the Act, we have one month from the date of your request to provide you with the relevant information. If any of the information that you have provided to us changes, for example if you change your email address, name or if you wish to cancel your registration, please let us know the correct details by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to:ATAG Heating Technology UK Limited, Suite 32, 80 Churchill Square Business Park, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent. ME19 4YU
If you are unhappy with the way we handle your personal data or respond to your requests for information, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office. Details can be found on their website at www.ico.org.uk